Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is;
but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Thank you for your interest in Covenant Reformed Church of Sacramento. We have compiled the information below for visitors who often have questions regarding our worship practices and the practical logistics of visiting our church. Please let us know if you have any questions. We hope to see you Sunday!
- We have parking lots on both sides of the building. Although they often fill up, there is adequate parking on the surrounding streets.
- Sunday School begins at 9:45am with a time of singing together in the auditorium; instruction starts at 10:00am. Elders rotate teaching adults and teenagers in the auditorium while children meet in the adjacent classrooms. Following Sunday School we enjoy a time of fellowship with coffee and snacks.
- Covenant Reformed Church uses electronic bulletins containing the order of worship for morning and evening services, announcements, prayer requests, upcoming events, and more. Bulletins for the upcoming Lord’s Day are usually updated on Saturdays.
- Our services are reverential yet joyful, filled with the Word of God. We are liturgical in the best sense of the word in that all things are “done decently and in order.” Each week we confess our faith together by reciting one of the historic creeds of the faith and read together from the Heidelberg Catechism. We sing hymns primarily from the Trinity Hymnal but also include carefully selected modern hymns. The crown of the service is the preached Word of God. Our pastor’s normal practice is to preach through a book of the Bible, explaining the passage verse by verse.
- We use the King James Version (and occasionally the New King James Version), not because we are old-fashioned or stuck in tradition but rather are convinced that it is a faithful translation from the best manuscripts.
- We celebrate the Lord’s Supper on the first Sunday of the month.
- If you are unable to join us in person, we livestream morning and evening services on our Facebook page.